Overload has a measurable and a significant impact on our physical, mental and emotional health, with 40% of the job turnover rate being directly related to job stress.
We all know that stress affects every aspect of our lives; our health, relationships, job performance and personal happiness. We can get so wrapped up in the daily struggle to stay on top of our responsibilities that we do not realize we are under stress.
Stress lives in every person; how we deal with it defines our overall health and well-being. Stress affects everyone differently and comes in three distinct types: Psychological, Physical, and Behavioural.
Here is a list of the signs you are suffering from the impact of stress.
- Irritability / hostility
- Frequent teeth grinding
- Rapid emotional swings
- Excessive use of alcohol
- Sweaty hands or feet
- Increase in smoking
- Fatigue, even if you have had sufficient sleep
- Overpowering urge to cry or run or hide
- Excessive exercising
- Increase in use of prescription drugs
- Floating anxiety ( you are anxious or afraid, but not sure why )
- Trembling, chest pain, muscle tension
- Stomach pain
- Decreased sexual drive
- Heart palpitations or shortness of breath
- Neck or back pain
- Withdrawal from activities that were once pleasurable
Becoming aware of these symptoms will help you to recognize the size, scope, and seriousness of the stress in your life. Conditions left untreated can lead to many other bigger problems, having a significant impact on our lives and creating a vicious circle which only increases our feeling of OVERLOAD.